Sunday, August 24, 2008

The story of the 3 yr old biker and misc. Miles activities




Since this format is now our family journal, I am trying to record our events of each week, plus recent things I have missed recording. Justin is the highlight of today story. He is my only 3 yr old to ride a two wheel bike with no training wheels. Justin received his big boy bike earlier this year when I found a good sale. He was very excited to ride everywhere. This lasted a short while until the training wheels moved some making him less stable; then he would tell me it was too scary to ride. After a little more time, I noticed one wheel was missing - just a stub still attached to the wheel. (courtesy of Jaden) At this point Jaden would ride the bike to tease Justin at the same time trying his best to keep the stub from scraping the ground. Justin would attempt riding now and again but the stub was frustrating. In June, Dale took matters into hand and removed both training wheels. He told Justin he can ride a two wheeler because he balances so well on his big kid scooter. Dale took him out a few times before vacation where Justin got the basics. Since coming home he is an old pro and is learning to go down hills very fast and still be able to stop.


The two little boys are at a perfect age for outings with Dad. Two Saturdays ago, Dale took them to Rancho San Antonio - a nature preserve with hiking and biking trails and a small farm. This was Justin's first big hill on a bike. Dale thought for sure they were headed for the ER because he didn't know how to brake. Justin just thought it was great fun. I think everyone on the trail held their breath watching him. ( I am glad I wasn't there - heart attack) Friday night, Dale took them camping to Camp Lehi for a ward service project. They took their bikes and had a great time. The little boys did not want to come home. All I hear about it camping!


This week was also our last week of summer. Justin and Jaden had three last swimming lessons. Jaden is swimming with rainbow arms across the pool. I think the one on one lessons paid off for them both. Lots of progress in a short time.
Now to the trophy. Tamara and I have been playing tennis on Saturday mornings for the past 6 to 8 months. She has talked about getting a trophy for the winner to display each week for a long time. Well, here it is. I have had it displayed since it came for two weeks. But alas, it was lost yesterday morning. Till next week.

No comments: